New funding for Apprenticeships
How you can benefit?
From 5 October 2020, eligible employers and Group Training Organisations can apply for a wage subsidy of 50% of the commencing or recommencing apprentice or trainee’s gross wages. The subsidy of up to $7,000 per quarter is available for the period up to 30 September 2021.
As an employer, you can receive the subsidy for any number of apprentices or trainees, as long as they’re one of the first 100,000 to register.
- any employer who takes on a new Australian apprentice will be eligible for the wage subsidy regardless of geographic location, occupation, industry or business size.
- available from 5 October 2020 and will run until the 100,000 cap of new apprentices and trainees is reached.
Specific eligibility criteria include:
- you must engage an Australian apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, and
- your apprentice or trainee must be undertaking a certificate II or higher qualification, and have a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
Impacts on other available funding:
- The subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy such as Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper
- Where an employer is eligible for multiple funding arrangements, you’ll need to choose which payment best supports your circumstances.
LINKS for further information: